.

.
.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Big cars


Fellow blogger Mary posted on her maryswritingnook memories-of-beautiful-cars.html She had such beautiful big cars. I chatted with her that in Borneo when I was growing up, we would just admire the timber tycoons with their big cars. We called aeroplane cars as they had wings at the back.

I remember this photo which I took about two weeks ago. At that time, it was waiting at the traffic lights and it must have stirred up memories of those days when my dad drove a little Fiat and we wished we had one of these big aeroplane cars.

In the 70s, when I was a student at Windsor University, sometimes my friends rented an oldsmobile car. It was big, and it was the closest I got to riding in  big cars.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Ann,

What a beautiful car. Thank you so much for finding and posting this photo. I love these old cars. They had so much style.

I followed your links to the car that your Dad had. These cars are also awesome. Such memories, my friend. Thank you so much for the links.

Blessings,
Mary

aurbie said...

A flashback to the past. I love those old cars. They bring back so many memories. Cuba is full of those old cars. I wish I could get there and bring one home.

You might enjoy this cool car from the 50's I posted it on my blog a few weeks back: http://crisfieldnews.blogspot.com/search?q=pink+cadallic

Reader Wil said...

Thanks Ann for the comment! Yes the Fiat 500 was small, but before that we had a Goggomobile, which was even smaller. It still had place for 4 grown ups. Though we had to fold ourselves up.LOL

Ruth said...

Ah, those big cars! There were five children in our family and we all fit well in the backseat of the cars of the 1960s. These days large families must buy a truck.