.

.
.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

PhotoHunt 185: Bags



The water engineer went to Beijing when he was an associate professor for a conference. He came home with these bags for me. The small bag has good memories, I took it to my Dad's 81st birthday while I danced away while clutching it tightly. Some one had given my Dad a big cash gift via me, and Dad told me to hold it for him.

This Japanese silk make up bag holds the testimony that it doesn't take much to make friends.

Sad to say, my girls have not inherited the genes of her mum and grand ma, and great grand ma. They are not interested in sewing or knitting. This must have been very hard for G to make during her Home Economics class. She gave it to me and I keep it to keep all my costume jewellery and beads.

A Korean student gave me this silk cell phone holder before she went home.

Auckland University is one of the universities that moulded my thoughts.
http://tnchick.com/

All these bags are given to me. Each with a special story.

The Japanese make up bag holds much sentimental value. It was given to me about thirty years ago by a visiting Plastic surgeon from Japan. We played impromptu tour guide to her and her two children. She was very touched and showered me with many Japanese gifts.

11 comments:

jams o donnell said...

AN excellent choice of bags and such bice gifts too! Happy weekend

jams o donnell said...

er I meant nice!

CY said...

Like the cell phone holder bag. Have a great weekend. CY
www.tangcyee.com

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice selection of bags, Ann. And interesting commentary to go along with the photos.

Jama said...

I have a similar bag to the ones you got from China, mine was bought in Arab Street.

Anonymous said...

The stories make these bags much more than their physical being.

thank you.

(Mine's up: http://cybercoven.org/wordpress/?p=819)

Anonymous said...

Such great associations these bags have for you.

Rune Eide said...

Not a bag for me - I need something larger for my cameras! :-) But they looked nice.

Re your comment - Iceland is about four hours away by plane...

Bim said...

I like this eclectic bag collection :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love the purple one.

Please check out what my daughter think and more…

alicesg said...

They are lovely and I love cute little bags too.