.

.
.

Friday, March 13, 2009

N.Z.D.A.


My students had a fun time guessing what this humble looking building is at 7 Target Street, Point Chevalier, on our way back from Walker Park.

Some guessed: New Zealand Dairy association since we have a lot of cows. New Zealand Dental Association, but others thought this is not flash enough. New Zealand Docotrs Association, again rejected. New Zealand Dog Association, perhaps this was right.

I took a while to find out, they were not in the white pages. Eventually I found the answer. Who would have guessed?

Auckland. Waikato N.Z.D.A ..... New Zealand Deerstalkers Association. 

1 comment:

betty-NZ said...

Who would have guessed! Sometimes, I find myself surprised when this small country has comparable things to larger countries. Not sure why, though.