.

.
.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cook Island Drums.




Strike came to my school. The kids loved it especially the six who were given a go at the Cook Island drums. Sam,Leni and Takumi drew the attention of the kids with their energy.
The kids found it hilarious when Tek (Tekumi) has Takeaway for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I enjoyed the other two performers as well  In fact, I enjoyed it so much that after the performance, I went to chat them up.
STRIKE percussion performing: original music, dynamic presentation and creative flexibility

From the orchestral stage to the street corner, from the school hall to the conference dinner; from the sports stadium to the theatre, and the show stage …


STRIKE's original music, dynamic presentation and creative flexibility have wowed, entertained, moved, surprised and impressed audiences within New Zealand and around the world. With orchestras, a brass band, dancers, school children, actors, film makers: STRIKE stretches the boundaries.

2 comments:

Gordon said...

I would have enjoyed that performance too. When I was teaching I used to love performers' visits to our school.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I have some sticks in my room, normally I won't let the students use them. But after the concert, I let them imagine they are drumming, and count to 10, 15 and so on. The kids love it.