.

.
.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thursday Theme Song: Let it snow






hootin--anni has a new meme.
IT'S ALL ABOUT MY NEW MEME THAT I HOPE SOME WILL FEEL LIKE JOINING IN ON THE CHALLENGE AND THE FUN [at least I hope the weekly challenge will be fun!]. It's loosely based on song lyrics [recorded songs since the beginning of time to today] and associating them with photos of yours...as I've done in the past...If you click on the link above, it'll take you to the Meme's Homepage for rules and buttons. There will be a Mr. Linky Widget for each individual week also. Do consider joining me sometime. Hope to see it flourish in time.
http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/

For twenty years when I was growing up in Tropical Borneo, I could only dream of "Let it snow." Then I went to Canada, and at the hostel in the University of Windsor, I shared a room with a M. McManus. She invited me home at Kingsville, Ontario.

Her parents fulfilled my "I am dreaming of a white Christmas." They gave me a traditional Canadian Christmas which I greatly enjoyed. If any of you know this family, please let me know.

Now I live in New Zealand, where it is hot and humid at Christmas. I don't dream of the snow because the McManus gave me the best Christmas one can dream for.

These photos were taken in July, and you can imagine why some New Zealander celebrate their winter Christmas in July.

Merry Christmas to all of you.



Let It Snow : Lyrics
Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping,
And I've bought some corn for popping,
The lights are turned way down low,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

When we finally kiss goodnight,
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight,
All the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bying,
But as long as you love me so,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Did the snow reach your expectations? Would you rather live in a very hot cliomate all the time, or snow?

EG CameraGirl said...

Merry Christmas, Ann. Now you can enjoy a traditional New Zealand Christmas. :)

Anonymous said...

Wi Christmas in July. I lobe this song and the photos. So cool. Mele Kalikimaka to you and your family. :)

Windsmoke. said...

It's summer here in OZ and snowing on the mountains very unusual for this time of the year indeed.

Cheryl said...

Its snowing here tonight on the coast of Maine...up to today we have had bare ground, a few flurries here and there but nothing staying on the ground. I only wish for enough snow to be able to snowshoe. And then the weather can become tropical! Wishing you a happy holiday!

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful photos of your one snowy Christmas, Ann. I'm so glad you got to experience what we Canadians take for granted. Of course, the person singing "Let it Snow" usually isn't shoveling his driveway or even his sidewalk, but once those chores are done, we all secretly love the white stuff. Now, if only someone would figure out a way we can avoid driving in it, I'd be happy!!
Thanks for sharing your Canadian Christmas with us!
-- Kay, Alberta, Canada

Dar said...

I will gladly share our 2 ft. of snow, of which 1 1/2 ft. fell yesterday. It is a winter wonderland, very white, very nippy, very beautiful. Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
BlessYourHeart

rainfield61 said...

I know that rain has its rhythm, how about the snow? Does it sing?

Ruth said...

I think I would celebrate it in July too. We lived in California five years, and it never really felt like Christmas, except in the mountains.

Merry Christmas, Ann!

Ash said...

Happy Christmas to you and your loved ones!