.

.
.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thursday Theme Song: The firemen


This is a stuffed toy dog which the fire fighter rescued.





hootin--anni has a new meme.
IT'S ALL ABOUT MY NEW MEME THAT I HOPE SOME WILL FEEL LIKE JOINING IN ON THE CHALLENGE AND THE FUN [at least I hope the weekly challenge will be fun!]. It's loosely based on song lyrics [recorded songs since the beginning of time to today] and associating them with photos of yours...as I've done in the past...If you click on the link above, it'll take you to the Meme's Homepage for rules and buttons. There will be a Mr. Linky Widget for each individual week also. Do consider joining me sometime. Hope to see it flourish in time.
http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/
Four handsome fire fighters came to school. I was mesmerized by them, that I attended two sessions.

Later I taught my kids:
Get Down,
Get Low,
Get out fast.
Dial 111.

I even got a sheet and imitated the smoke like the firemen did, and the kids loved it.

There has been so many fires, the big one in Israel, other ones in Australia.

Close to home, a meat processing plant was razed in the weekend, and today, firefighters are battling a large house fire south of Auckland which has threatened to spread into surrounding bush.

About 45 firefighters and 12 appliances were fighting the blaze which started about 3.30pm in a house on West Road in Clevedon, the Fire Service said.

Firefighters initially had problems getting enough water to fight the blaze which had spread to surrounding bush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUEF1SHCwGo


Original song by Fire Fighter Pete Smith dedicated to firefighters everywhere

(chorus)
D A C G, D A C G, D A C G, D A C G,
Ooooh, have no fear, Ooooh, have no fear,

D
My siren’s on and my lights are flashin’,

C
One hundred miles an hour babe I’m almost crashin’,

G
Puttin’ out your fire is my passion,

A (G) A (G) A
I’m Firefighter, Firefighter, Firefighter, and I’ll

F G C E F G (A)
Quench your thirst, cool your desire, put out your… (fire)

A
Call me, call me, baby, anytime, in the middle of the night would be just fine,

(G) A
I’ll jump right up out of bed, pull my boots up baby ‘cause I see red,

(G) A
Don’t need your name just your address and I’ll be there baby in a minute or less,

(G) A
If you think your fire’s gonna’ last I’ll make sure I bring my oxygen mask, all right!

(chorus) ------->

(verse 2)
A
Got a hundred pounds of pressure in my hose, and a straight shootin’ nozzle that really flows,

(G) A
Got an ax and a battering ram, and I’ll use it baby, if there’s a jam,

(G) A
If the temperature’s a thousand degrees, I’ll come in crawlin’ on my hands and knees,

(G) A
Turn your fire, baby, into steam, It’ll be so cool you’ll think it was a dream, all right!

(lead)

D A C G, D A C G, D A C G, D A C G,
Ooooh, have no fear, ('cause your firefighter's here...) Ooooh, have no fear, ('cause your firefighter's here...)


D A C G, D A C G, D A C G, D A C G,
Ooooh, have no fear, ('cause your firefighter's here...) Ooooh, have no fear, ('cause your firefighter's here...)






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2010 Peter Q. Smith
The Firefighters
Song Lyrics and Sound Clip
Ron Brown


This song is available on Early Years: Pre-K through Kindergarten Concepts


When the sirens sound and the lights all flash,
The firefighters go to work.
With their coats and hats and boots they'll dash,
The firefighters go to work.

Racing down the street in a fire truck
Need to get there fast to have some luck
The firefighters go to work.
The firefighters go to work.

Put out the fire, save lives, rescue!
That's what the firefighters do for you!
When the firefighters go to work.

When the sirens sound and the lights all flash,
The firefighters go to work.
With their coats and hats and boots they'll dash,
The firefighters go to work.

Racing down the street in a fire truck
Need to get there fast to have some luck
The firefighters go to work.
The firefighters go to work.

Put out the fire, save lives, rescue!
That's what the firefighters do for you!
When the firefighters go to work.
When the firefighters go to work.
http://www.songsforteaching.com/intellitunes/firefighters.htm

12 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute song ----and great pictures, Ann...That is perfect for the Thursday Theme Song. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

The firefighter video was great :-)

~Ron

Windsmoke. said...

Fantastic firefighters song, video and photos.

Lew said...

As winter begins, fires here have caused a few deaths and lots of damage.

In response to your comment: I spend more time with my computer than my wallet, so the pictures of Bryce are just a mouse click away!

penny said...

Great song for the firemen theme, Ann. I enjoyed the photos and song.
Have a wonderful day,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Wow never heard this and it was teriffic my friend. And the photos were awesome Very well put together. :) Excellent :)

My Mind's Eye said...

Fantastic song and teaching tool. Well done Ann. Your students are lucky to have you as their teacher...

No Madi's feet never touch the ground she is 100% inside cat and likes it that way,
Madi and Mom

SquirrelQueen said...

That is a great song and one every child should learn. Loved all of your photos Ann.

You asked about the wreath in my post, it isn't mine. I saw it on a store front and thought it was very pretty.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my goodness...this was a great way to teach your students. Here in our city, we lost our fire chief and flags of the city properties are flying at half mast.

Excellent Ann.

Kay L. Davies said...

You're so right to take it seriously, teaching the kids about fire, but making the instruction fun for them to learn. Good one, Ann.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Fire Books said...

Firefighters look so valiant and dashing in their uniforms and when they drive the vans and reach the site where the fire has broken out, we feel confident that lives will be saved and the fire will be
extinguished in no time. But for doing this, firefighter training is necessary. These brave men risk their own lives to save the lives of people who have been caught up in dangerous fires.
Fire Fighter

Anonymous said...

Loved the video and the photos to go along was excellent. :) Very well done. I love the story about your student LOL