.

.
.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday Theme Song: Please Mr. Postman

Since it is Christmas and John Lennon's anniversary, I am doing a double post for this week.






hootin--anni has a new meme.
IT'S ALL ABOUT MY NEW MEME THAT I HOPE SOME WILL FEEL LIKE JOINING IN ON THE CHALLENGE AND THE FUN [at least I hope the weekly challenge will be fun!]. It's loosely based on song lyrics [recorded songs since the beginning of time to today] and associating them with photos of yours...as I've done in the past...If you click on the link above, it'll take you to the Meme's Homepage for rules and buttons. There will be a Mr. Linky Widget for each individual week also. Do consider joining me sometime. Hope to see it flourish in time.
http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/



Santa brought me an early present, Postman Alan. I had been wanting to do this song ever since Annie started this meme. Each time, I see a postie, I am too late.

It reminds me of the time when my oldest daughter was four, and our family was the only one in the extended family living in New Zealand. We had to walk a steep footpath to check our letter box, and I taught her this song, well, part of it.

On the 8th, she turned 26, and I go to check my letter box hoping Mr. Postman has brought something for me from her. Because according to some Chinese customs, a mum gets a present on her child's birthday. Alas, these days of the internet, Mr. Postman Alan only brings me bills and the occasional card from Aunts and Uncles who still use the snail mail.

I saw this postman cycle past and I ran after him. He was very obliging when I told him why I wanted to take his photo.


(Wait) oh yes,
Wait a minute, Mister Postman
(Wait) wait, Mister Postman

(Please, Mister Postman, look and see)
Woah, yeah
(Is there’s a letter in your bag for me)
Please, please Mister Postman
(Cause it’s been a mighty long time)
Woah, yeah
(Since I`ve heard from this boyfriend of mine)

There must be some word today
From my boyfriend so far away
Please Mister Postman, look and see
Is there a letter, a letter for me

I’ve been standing here
Waiting, Mister Postman
So, oh, so patiently
For just a card or just a letter
Saying he’s returning home to me

Please, Mister Postman
(Please, Mister Postman, look and see)
Woah, yeah
(Is there's a letter in your bag for me)
Please, please Mister Postman
(Cause it's been a mighty long time)
Woah, yeah
(Since I've heard from this boyfriend of mine)

So many days, you passed me by
You saw the tear standing in my eyes
You wouldn't stop to make me feel better
By leaving me a card or a letter

Please, Mister Postman, look and see
Is there a letter, oh, yeah
In your bag for me
You know it's been so long
Yes, since I've heard from
This boyfriend of mine

You better wait a minute, wait a minute
(Wait, wait a minute, Mister Postman)
Oh, you better wait a minute
(Wait, wait a minute, Mister Postman)
Please, please, Mister Postman
(Wait, wait a minute, Mister Postman)
Please check it and see
Just one more time for me

You gotta wait (wait)
Wait a minute (wait a minute, Mister Postman)
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute
(Wait, wait a minute, Mister Postman)
Please, Mister Postman
(Wait, wait a minute, Mister Postman)

Deliver the letter
The sooner the better
Wait a minute, wait a minute
(Wait, wait a minute, Mister Postman)
Wait a minute, please
Mister Postman...

8 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

How nice to remember thee songs! Thanks, Ann.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I remember both versions of the song!! I had the one by The Beatles. It seems that you will go to great lengths to get a picture just loke I will do! That postman is very cute, mabe you should invite him in for a snack!

George said...

I remember this song. It was nice of the postman to let you take his picture. I find it interesting that the postman rides a bicycle.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh YES---I remember this song ---both versions. Think I liked the first one better --since I was never a Beatles fan. BUT--they are both good songs.

Glad you got some pictures of the postman!!!!!

Great post, Ann.
Hugs,
Betsy

Windsmoke. said...

All three postman songs are good, the Beatles version is the best one. I see your postman still ride bikes, i haven't seen a postman ride a bike in Australia for many years.

Hootin Anni said...

I really like this one also!! You've done a terrific job for both songs this week!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful songs, and your post man is quite fancy in his uniform!

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!