.

.
.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Photohunt: hard to find


http://tnchick.com/

This parking meter were common things in New Zealand in the 80s, and after ten years in ultra modern Singapore, I saw this in Oamaru, a small town in New Zealand in 2000. I guess it is hard to find any where in New Zealand now.

Addition:

Singapore is very modern. An Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) system was introduced in 1998, in-vehicle units (IU) were supplied by MHI, more than 99% of the vehicles in Singapore are equipped with them. When you go past a gentry, Electronic Parking System (EPS) automatically deduct your packing fees.

9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

We still have them!! What have you replaced them with?

Dar said...

Oh, it's been a long time since I've seen a parking meter. Thanks for the memory...don't miss the parking tickets tho. lol
BlessYourHeart

Windsmoke. said...

There are hundreds if not thousands of parking meters in Melbourne City and the surrounding suburbs and some country towns and they're expensive to. I'll ask the same question as Ginny, What have you replaced them with?.

Jama said...

They are replaced with parking coupons!

Gattina said...

What a nice invention, at least you don't have to get out and feed the parking meter !

DoanLegacy said...

Great capture! We have them all over town here!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Ann, I always think that our country is modern... BUT-there are many other countries WAY ahead of us... We have parking meters around --and parking lots (where you put your money in a little box), etc.... BUT--nothing here is done electronically I don't think...

However, we do have toll roads which take our money electronically now... But--not parking meters I don't think.

Amazing.
Hugs,
Betsy

fini said...

cool!! we don't have that anymore here either..We got to scratch the parking coupon and display it on the dashboard.. We got lots of vandalism with that old fashioned meter..

Thanks for dropping by my blog, btw, I went for a good vacation in China :)

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!