.

.
.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Scenic Sunday: Term rock


href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg-899-CzXQWItUfFyjSFOjxOGTEkQROWseDRIH7E7c9vaS4cU9uY0dAvNwmXzEF3utxzHVq1OPmL1XKT3YtWP1_Y3xCVsYQlOtJdAYWoaTaJ-tSZW375nF4eqFVAr-h783_IcGshSyI0Bu/s1600-h/scenic+sunday.jpg">
http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

On this rock facing Tasman sea, sea birds, the terns nest. When the nestlings are strong enough, they fly to Australia. The terns are very small, and I can't imagine them flying to Australia. The rock is white from the droppings. I went to Whatipu on the beginning of December and saw the chicks.

6 comments:

rainfield61 said...

The ladybirds are small too, I do not know how they fly to every country.

I have them in my place, you have yours too.

Maybe they followed your luggage when you traveled.

Eden said...

They are amazing birds. I can't imagine them flying nonstop to Australia. Great photo.

Yoshi said...

Nice photo. The ability of birds are unbelievable!!! The distance they fly is incredible but I wonder how they sense direction without a compass...
Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day.
Yoshi

Ginny Hartzler said...

Are these the only birds that nest there? So they have the whole rock to themselves, kind of like their own little island!

Windsmoke. said...

This rock reminds me of a two humped camel. Nice photo.

D said...

Ann, that scene looks like it could be here in our Pacific northwest with similar rock structures in the ocean.

I wanted to be sure and wish you a joyous and blessed holiday season and say thank you for being a "neighbor" and sharing. See you in the New Year. ;)