.

.
.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Mellow Yellow Monday: Electrician at Work.




http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

When you are celebrating your Christmas Holidays, just hope that you don't have a blackout. Be thankful that there are people like this electrician at work.

I was taking a photo of his van with his yellow ladder when I decided to take his photo too. He flashed his smile and asked, " You are taking me too." This was taken on Boxing day, we went on a long walk to burn off all the calories we had consumed over the festive days.

Here's a family anecdote. That was the early days before people had Christmas trees and lights in Borneo. I was about six, my older brother Charles was eight. Dad bought a chain of lights and lined it at the eaves of the balcony, but they were not the flashing blinking type. Charles told us the lights could go blink blink blink and went to the switch and went on off on off until my Dad caught him. This would be the second best story after the one when the tree fell.

addition:In December, the North East Monsoon blows and bring in a lot of rain.

The first tree we had was a fake tree and didn't have many leaves and branches. Dad was a civil servant and didn't have a lot of money. He bought about six baubles and we were the only house in the neighborhood with a tree.

It was about 4 pm when the wind blew, and mum rushed to close the window and at the same time telling us to do it. We rushed to the lounge just in time to see the tree fall. Some of the baubles broke into smithereens some were less broken. Mum was in tears. We tried to savage them, but mum said no, we were too proud to use broken baubles.

When I went to Canada years later, my Canadian friend strung popcorn to hang on the tree. I came home and told Mum we could do this cheaply. Mum said it won't work. In Borneo, the ants would come.

10 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Nice, good thing he didn't mind you taking his picture hehehe.

Yellows at Robert Morris University, happy holidays!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Ann, Yes--we need to appreciate those who help us with electrical problems--when our electricity goes out... We count on their help for sure!!!!

I do have a question. Please talk to us about Boxing Day. I know that it is the day AFTER Christmas--but I don't know what it means or how it got its name.... Thanks, Ann.

Hugs,
Betsy

Ginny Hartzler said...

So now let's hear the one when the tree fell. That is my worst fear in a storm, losing power, we have no backup system!

Windsmoke. said...

Your dad done the right thing telling off your brother for switching the lights on and off as this could lead to electrocution. Now how about the story of the tree.

George said...

I also would like to hear about when the tree fell. And I agree that we need to be appreciative of the people who work at all times and in all weather to keep the power on.

Jama said...

Here, the electrician don't need a ladder to climb up, but they need to climb down since all cables had gone underground!

magi said...

Excellent and informative blog. Thanks for posting this. It’s informative and enlightening. Keep up the good work. Electrician Melbourne

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Harold Hofstetter said...

I am thankful that there are electricians at work during emergency hours. Click here

Gainesville Gator Electricians said...

Regardless of whether it’s for the initial installation, maintenance services, or repairs, you can count on a solution that will provide you with utmost satisfaction. On Call Electrician