.

.
.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Weekend Reflection: Fathers' Day








http://newtowndailyphoto.blogspot.com/

In New Zealand, we celebrate Fathers' Day on the first Sunday to September. Mt Albert Baptist Church celebrated too, our group of ladies called the "Well" put on a good spread of pan cake breakfast. It was as good as one you get at a hotel.

Good Job! Paki Paki April, Kay, Heather and all the others who worked so hard. I even saw a man cooking. Behind the scene were those doing the dishes. A visitor from Taiwan was very happy to help in the kitchen drying dishes. Later, a young man came in. I forgot to ask him name. I remember last year, another young man, Sam helped.

Some of the children were selling baked cakes to raise funds. I shall post this photo at another time.

Happy Fathers' Day to all fathers.

My Taiwanese friends tell me in Taiwan, they celebrate on August 8th. In Mandarin, it sounds like BA BA.

My reflection for this week, you have to look carefully at the right hand corner, you see the reflection on the warming tray.

15 comments:

George said...

It looks as if the Father's Day breakfast was a delicious success.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, I do see the reflection! I had no idea that other places celebrated Father's Day, and did it on a dirrerent day than we do! Very interesting! And now it is midnight and you are making me hungry for breakfast!

Gattina said...

Happy father's day ! that's a surprise, we celebrate it in May I guess (not sure) but I know in a lot of countries it's on a different date.

Sciarada said...

Hi Ann, a magnificent day!

Elisa said...

What a nice celebration!

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

What lovewly way to celebrate Father's Day. Christchurch was one of my favourite cities and I stayed there for a week in 2007. So sorry to hear about the earthquake. I was shocked when I heard about it. I loved the time I spent there.

michael said...

Looks like a nice meal and well attended.

James said...

I see lots of reflections.now I want some pancakes.

The window in my photo is a restaurant so I'm not sure where the got the jugs. The car in the reflection looks newer to me. :)

Rune Eide said...

It must be very nice to be father in New Zealand :-)

EG CameraGirl said...

Happy Father's Day to all the dads you know, Ann!

Suburban Girl said...

Looks like quite the celebration!

Unknown said...

what a well attended celebration and yes a see the reflection.

Tes said...

Oh I love celebrating with our church group too. Such warm company. I see that your breakfast was a deliciously successful one! Have a nice day, Ann!:)

Janice said...

Looks like a delicious buffet. I wish I was there filling up my plate!

Icy BC said...

What a wonderful gathering to celebrate Father's Day!