.

.
.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

waterywednesday: outboard engines in Sarawak, Borneo.




http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/

There are many rivers in Sarawak, Borneo. In the upper tributaries, there are many long boats powered by out board engines.

At Mulu, Sam and I traveled a lot by these boats. We sat on the short planks across the boat. It was quite hot in the mid day sun. Once, after a long gruesome hike of four hours and with a heavy backpack, I couldn't get out from the boat to the much higher jetty. I couldn't even get up as the boat was wobbly. Some handsome gentlemen came and helped this damsel in distress. One held each hand. I was in cloud nine. LOL

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Cool photo, I would need help getting out too! But what a fun experience .

Tammie Lee said...

this was a fun memory!

Carver said...

Great shots of the boat and water.

storyteller said...

How memorable! Methinks I'd be a bit worried in such a small boat on a river ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
My Watery Wednesday

Thomas Lee/Lee Lip Pang said...

nice memories

Cheryl said...

What an experience this would be and I would only wish that I too could have two handsome strangers help me from the boat afterwards! Nice photos!

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!