.

.
.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday: Outdoor Park



http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com

We often go to the park at Western Springs. Sam is old enough to play safely at these equipment of monkey bars. He is brave enough to go on top of the frame. It doesn't show how high up it is, it in about ten feet high. Underneath are wood chips, so there be a fall, he won't hurt himself much.

All my kids were monkeys on the monkey bars. Their palms were callous. I have tried and managed to swing only 4 rungs, and my kids in school thought it was very good. One has to be young, light and nimble to swing like a monkey.

Sam went to a camp, and did a confidence course. He came back with a certificate of "Toughest feet." you see, he is 3/4 Hakka. http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-amazon-gabrielle.html The Hakkas are a Chinese Dialect group and legend has it that Hakka women did not bind their feet and hence have big feet. I tease my size 13 Water Engineer and size 10 daughters that they are indeed Amazons.

1 comment:

Ah Ngao said...

size 10 ! - thats big foot