.

.
.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Weekend reflection: a little shop



A little shop in the neighbourhood.

A little girl has died today.
Something is inexplicable.
She was expected to die a month ago.
But she held on,
until today.
To me, it is significant.
It is Andrew's birthday.
To make it sound even stranger,
The person who first told me about her,
Her cousin died last night.
3 women are connected.


You might say it is mere coincidence,
But I hold it dear to me,
The mid wife who delivered Andrew,
was there to open the door for me when he was dying.
The pediatrician who checked him out when he was born,
declared him dead and signed his birth certificate.
The ICU nurse and the charge nurse were there on his first and last day.
Andrew born 29 Sept 1989
Andrew died 22 Nov 1989

I am sharing my journey,
Because it will bring comfort to parents,
Who have just started their journey.
To those of you who never have to walk this journey,
I hope you never will.
But if one day,
You sadly have to,
I am here to tell you,
It's ok to cry.



http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com



5 comments:

'Tsuki said...

You have a lot empathy, and that is awesome : you are very aware of the world around you. Don't get to troubled by those signs... Everything happens for a reason.

May the peace be with you.

Oh, I almost forgotten : nice pic, by the way I like the "daughters and friends" written on the shop display.

betty-NZ said...

Lovely reflection, Ann, both with your photo and your words.

Al said...

I can not imagine the loss of a child.

My name is Riet said...

What a sad story love your reflections.

NatureFootstep said...

I like that summersky in the window. :)