.

.
.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Weekend Reflection: Artist Oliver Wong




Oliver was among the first few friends I made when I came to Auckland in 1978. He came from Sibu, the town of my birth. He used to visit the "flat" I was in as it was a Sibu house. I didn't know he was an artist. 

It was through Facebook, I remembered his name and asked him if he was who I thought he was. I had to do quite a bit of investigative work. I told him I wasn't stalking him, I just felt I knew him, and because of the nature of my writing, I ask a lot of questions. Though I am in the social net work, I prefer only to connect with people I know.

Oliver recounts how he ran along the neighbourhood of Mt Eden to climb up Mt Eden volcano. I wonder if he ran along Balmoral Road past the fire station and glanced at the beautiful reflection.

Like me, Oliver's work is available for sale. So is my book, Diary of a bereaved mother, Good Bye my baby. Paki Paki both of us, Olley. To those of you who have not been to New Zealand, it means clap clap, and in school, I tell my students, Paki your back.

Here, I am so proud and happy to present you Oliver's work.

You can buy prints of his artwork at http://1-oliver-wong.fineartamerica.com/




Oliver, when I knew him as a university student in 1978 in Auckland New Zealand

http://ollieartgallery.blogspot.com/

Actually I prefer to know Oliver as an environmentalist.

http://annkschin.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/save-world-artist-oliver-wong-dancing.html


http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com



7 comments:

'Tsuki said...

Oliver create marvelous painting, thank you so much for the link... And your reflection for the day is very pretty too !

namaki said...

thank you for making us discover this nice artist ....

'Tsuki said...

I replied to your question on my blog, but here is the answer I wrote down, in case you don't have time to go read it :

Those red bands are seals which are put in place by mecanics after their work to signal that the aircraft has been reviewed and is ready to fly. They are put on nevralgic elements of the plane, such as valves or cap tanks for instant. If their are not removed before flight they will hinder the mechanics to work properly. And it can also be dangerous for another reason : aircraft with jet engine can swallow the tissu which will destroy the motor and cause a major failure of all the system, causing the plane to crash. That is why they must be removed before flight. But an aircraft without those seal will not be allowed to take off, because that means that no mecanic has revise the plane.

I hope this answer to your question. Thanks for your visit ; have a wonderful week-end.

Tina´s PicStory said...

like painted on the glass :) fantastic!

TexWisGirl said...

good for him.

Anonymous said...

The reflection itself looks like a mural on the window ;)

Nefertiti said...

joli coups d oeil bravo