.

.
.

Monday, September 24, 2012

ABC WED: Letter K for kindness




Someone abandoned a bitch. She came to the neighbourhod of Nanyang View, NTU in Singapore and had puppies. Some kids including mine showed a little kindness. They fed the puppies.

 But someone rang the SPCA while the kids were away in school. Many of them cried. The pups were put down. My kids asked," Why can't people be kind?"

This pix is cropped for privacy reasons. The chubby boy is my son when he was little.

I did something yesterday which I am rather ashamed of. I didn't show any kindness to two puppies. They looked like this one in the photo. The scenario was like this. I went home for lunch and walked back to school and was rather late. I heard puppies yapping away and I saw them inside the back of a red station wagon which has words painted on the outside something like we walk your dogs.

I peered inside and saw the two puppies and I could tell they were desperate. They were dashing here and there. I looked around and could not see anyone. A woman from across the road walking her dog with a cell phone came over the road. She too was looking at the puppies. I sort of gestured that I had to go. She spoke on the phone and I hope she dialled the number printed on the car.

When I got to the entrance of the road to my school, I stalled and looked back. The car had not driven past. I felt very ashamed, for fear of being late and fear of the person tell me to F off and mind my own business, I became a coward. I wanted to kick myself.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to see or hear that animals are put down just like that without exerting effort to get them homes.

Roger Owen Green said...

sad tale
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Chubskulit Rose said...

Oh so sad!

Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Lew said...

Hope the pups are okay. People here also leave pets in cars alone and a few die each summer in the heat.

A storm door is an outer door to help keep out the cold (or heat) and rain. It is usually a metal or wood frame with glass panels.

photowannabe said...

Poor pups.
I do hope they were okay after all.

Jama said...

SPCA only put down animals that are sickly, most are put up for adoption.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Those pups were mongrels. and there must have been 5 or 6 of them. Nobody wanted to adopt them. It cost a lot of money to de sex and mirco chip them, there were no fund for mongrels

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...


Thise pups in NTU, they were mongrels, no one wants to adopt them. It was so long ago. my son was 3 then, and now he is 16.

They put them down because the woman who reported them said, nobody wanted them, when in fact some of us were urgently looking for homes.

That incident broke up a closely knit community. My daughter now 25 still hates her.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Forgive yourself for being human...sounds like you have a tender heart for animals and this incident may spur you be an advocate in the future for a niche of needy animals.

ChrisJ said...

It's one of the unkindnesses of life, the abundance of puppies and kittens. I worked at a local shelter for a year and the number of animals they have to deal with is unimaginable. Sometimes the people at the shelter seem like they have no feelings, but they have to become immune to what they do or they could never live with it. So sad -- but spay and neuter is the best answer -- but who pays? We had vets who came in and volunteered, but it was a drop in the bucket. I re-homed two cats while I was there - not many, but better than nothing.