.

.
.

Monday, March 26, 2012

ABC Wednesday: K for Kids.

These are no ordinary kids. They are very talented.


You might remember Jaccob, Jaccob the chess champion. I am very proud of Jaccob. This is Jordan, Jaccob's little brother. They are sons of my brother Joseph and his wife Audrey.







Jordan is only 6, but he plays great chess. Jordan was the youngest one from Kings. All the other kids are from grade 3 to 7. He is the only one play chess in his grade. The bigger kids were llooking after him. The kings school bus took them to the tournament. He did well for his first tournament. He won 3.5 out of 7. The teacher said not bad for a first timer.



I was visiting Phoenix classroom when he came out with a scroll of paper. He was doing this Show and tell, and I was most impressed. I work with his mum, Kirsten and asked her if I could blog about his work. She gave me permission to take his photo.

Phoenix is an amazing artist. Since he was in Kindy at about 3 1/2, he had enjoyed drawing. In particular, he draws and tells of his story of War and the military.

Mum took him to the Waiouru Army Museum.






I know I had posted this before, but I wanted to balance this up with a girl.



My beautiful and talented Olivia on the Gold Coast of Australia turns old socks into cute stuffed toys.

According to her mum, Helen: Olivia has started a new hobby business making sock toys. She uses odd socks that lost the other one. Her friends like the dolls and asked her to make them some. She is selling them for $2.00. So far she had sold 4 and there are more orders.
Thomas saw an opportunity and sold his to Daddy for $4.00. Phil complained that his was not very detailed and Thomas told him that his was different from Olivia's shop. Scammed again!!
I hope Olivia can continue to sell at school.

Way to go, Olivia. Olivia is only 9.




httphttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a good way to use a sock when there is only one! And I know Phil would love to meet Jordan, as he is a chess teacher. You have so many talented kids there.

TexWisGirl said...

such smart and talented kids. :) your nephews are so sweet.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Very very talented kids... Wow--that is so good to hear and read. We all need to hear more of these stories about kids who are excelling in something.. Sometimes --I feel as if we (here in the USA) only hear the BAD news stories....

Congrats to all three kids.
Hugs,
Betsy

Jama said...

They are very talented kids!

Roger Owen Green said...

talented and generous of spirit
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Reader Wil said...

These children are amazing! I know how difficult chess is! I used to play it when I was young, but on condition that it was quick! My daughter here in Holland, her son and I sometimes play it.
I returned from Israel last week Thursday. I stayed in Jerusalem with Dina. She was my guide all the time.

Hootin Anni said...

I like this post Ann. Such a talented group and a great way to depict the letter "K".

Leovi said...

What beautiful pictures, no doubt our future is in education and on your children.

Felisol said...

I like your heading. "There are no ordinary kids."
Therefor, they are lucky who have teachers or parents who love their specific talents, and make them feel great about themselves.
In a world where all are pressed into equal shapes,much get lost.

MERYL JAFFE, PhD - parent, psychologist, teacher, author... said...

Not only are they talented, they are cute too! It is so nice that you 'see' ALL of them and not just parts, that you embrace their passions and interests. They are lucky to have you in their lives!

Suzy said...

What a great post. Very talented kids.

Penelope Notes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penelope Notes said...

So cute … what a clever thing to do with odd socks! All the kids are amazing, indeed … full of potential and wrapped up in thinking and doing things creatively. :)