.

.
.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Merry-go-round


When I was young, I loved it when the fun fair came to town. We hung around to see how the cotton candy vender spun a handful of white sugar crystals round and round in his machine. With a stick, like a magic wand, he made a big fluffy ball of pink cotton candy.

My head must have spun around as well, because the moment I got on the horse on the Merry-go-round, I already felt giddy. I remember grabbing the pole very tightly, and when the torture had finished, I was going to puke. Mum said, next time you don't go on it.

Did I listen? Next time, the fun fair came, I wanted to go on it. Mum didn't say, don't you puke. You can't stop puking from taking place. It just happens.

Mums are mums. It's going to be Mother's day soon. Happy Mother's Day to all the mums. Mine included if she can hear me from Heaven above.  

No comments: