.

.
.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stairs: Spiral


Click to enlarge.

I was at a dentist's window in Kluang in a small town in West Malaysia. I saw these buildings, or the back of these buildings. I couldn't believe my eyes. They looked like some of the buildings in my home town Sibu, in Borneo. 

I remember going to my friend's house along Ramin Way, and we used to go up and down in those narrow spiral stairs in the mid-1960s. We had to do this in secret because it was a three storeys building. They were considered very tall building at that time. My friend's mum said men at the bottom of the stairs could look up and see our knickers. These buildings must have been built at the same time, and never had a new white wash.

http://www.spunwithtears.com/thursday.html


"STAIRS" (Straight, Spiral, Indoor, Outdoor, Fire Escape,...)
Next Week: CONTAINER (Glass, Cup, Bowl, Box, Baskets,...)
roseThursday Challenge is a place for photographic fun and learning. 

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are very pretty and colorful, but ouch to the windy steps. Guess they did it that way to save space...straight up, not outward.

Jama said...

You can still find such spiral staircase around Singapore, the famous one is at Bugis area, near Bugis Junction shopping center.

rainfield61 said...

Welcome home.

At least in the blogosphere.

TexWisGirl said...

that is pretty interesting!