.

.
.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

weekend reflections, a giant puddle




http://newtowndailyphoto.blogspot.com/
After a week of rain, part of our shady school's play area became a big puddle. You can see the reflection of the trees, well almost. The kid jumped into it disturbing my reflection. The kids were having such fun that I couldn't stop them to take a perfect photo. I had to water mark his face.

I added this to explain why I had the water mark smack on the kid's face.
It wasn't a blurry face, it was a deliberate attempt to blur out his face. I am not allowed to take and publish my students photos. I keep my blogging separate from school, so I rather not wait to ask for written permission from the parents through the principal. I choose either to crop their faces or water mark them (which I just learned.)

10 comments:

michael said...

Very clever solution for a blurry face. I'll have to remember it.

Anonymous said...

The children in the background all appear to be in a big hurry. When school was in session, I would sometimes watch children walk from the school bus to their homes on our street. If there was a puddle along the road, they would ALWAYS jump in it.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

It wasn't a blurry face, it was a deliberate attempt to blur out his face. I am not allowed to take and publish my students photos. I keep my blogging separate from school, so I rather not wait to ask for written permission, I choose either to crop their faces or water mark them (which I just learned.)

Sylvia K said...

Terrific capture for the day, Ann! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Rune Eide said...

I must admit that I first thought it was a some giant unknown (to me) flower species :-)

In such cases as this I usually blur just the face in software. That is easy and most programs can do that.

PS What heatwave??? :-) We have been drowning.

Xavi said...

Breathtaking capture, Ann!
I regret not having answered your kind comments earlier. Was traveling.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a nice weekend!

Dani said...

Great shot. very cool idea, the water mark.

Thanks for the visit.

Have a great day!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, when my husband taught last year, I wanted a picture of him with the class, and couldn't do it. But what is so funny is they let us bring the kids all of food, which I think could be much more dangerous. Because of so many childhood allergies. But anyway, I actually think your picture turned out much better this way!! The one you had wanted would have been a serene and pretty reflection, but this shows the joy of life and youth with the puddle splashing! Sometimes the unexpected doesn't ruin our picture, but makes it better.

EG CameraGirl said...

Uh-Oh! Well, kids do love water! :)))

Nefertiti said...

apres la pluie vient le beau temps ;O)

bon dimanche !