.

.
.

Friday, March 1, 2013

weekend reflection/ Photohunt: Steel











Reflection: My wok's lid reflects the light of my dining room.



Here is my Italian flat-bottom Chinese Wok. The lid can double as a Cloche. Polished my wok so you can see my kitchen window.


 It is meant to do everything from baking, boiling, stir frying, braising, pan frying and so on. In Chinese, they call it a ten thousand ability pot aka WAN NEN KUO. But the sales promotor at Yaohan saw that I wanted a flat bottom wok desperately, didn't bother to promote it's qualities to me. This Japanese store had long folded, but my Wok is still as good as ever. It's definitely worthed its money.

In Singapore, our kitchen was on the third floor. Many a time, the lid became a flying saucer and flew downstairs. Luckily, it didn't crash land on anyone, otherwise, it might be taken as an evidence as an UFO or in Singapore term, litter killer.

My kitchen is most happy when there is seafood. You need lots of hands to making it  clean and tidy, and quick cooking.



http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com




http://whistlestopphotohunt.blogspot.co.nz/

MARCH
2nd * Steel

6 comments:

Layla Morgan Wilde ( Cat Wisdom 101) said...

Beautiful. I can imagine the energy of all those meals!

Vicki said...

I am surprised the lid adventures off on it's own. That would be one piece of steel you wouldn't want to hit you as you were walking along.

I liked the reflections, both in the wok and your own.

'Tsuki said...

I'm discovering cooking by wok this day, and I like it very much. Your wok is huge ! Nice catch on the reflection...

'Tsuki said...

answer to your question on my blog :

No, it's plaster...

Have a nice week-end !

bing said...

what a lovely, lovely wok! it almost looks like it's not tool used for cooking. it's well polished. :)

Vane M. said...

Percebo que esse tipo de panela é muito usada na culinária chinesa. Um abraço!