.

.
.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Yellow mellow Monday/Ruby red Tuesday


Once a year, the different teams in school put on a themed morning tea. We put on an Easter morning tea. There were lots of Easter eggs, and I brought some rabbit food to counteract all the sugar over load. Some staff had Easter Egg ear rings and rabbit ears and rabbit tails.

I had these little yellow chicks which I "stole" from the morning tea. A student told me that it was her birthday, I gave one to her, and we did a chick hatching story and hands-on activity. I was told I wasn't allowed to give the kids any Easter egg. Some of the kids might be allergic to diary products.


http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/


http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com

It's coming up to Easter. This school term ends this Thursday. Government schools are secular. We don't teach religion, but the Government allows Bibles in Schools . Some churches send their people to the schools to conduct this. My school doesn't have Bible in school.

13 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

your rabbit food looks so healthy and fresh!
I love those little chicks.

Jama said...

Those chicks are so cute!

Rajesh said...

Very nice captures.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the idea of serving vegetables to the kids at morning tea! The little chicks are very cute.

Gattina said...

Both are very nice interpretations of the colors !
I don't remember when I ate asian food for the first time must be at least 30 years ago. I love Thai, vietnamese, chinese, japonese you name it ! It's so healthy and good. Sometimes I cook myself too.
I also love Indian food ! I had a indian collegue who cooked like a godess and in London there are lots of restaurants too.

Lois said...

What cute little chicks!

Low Tide High Style said...

Those little chicks are so cute and it sounds like the kids had a great time at the tea! Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes the Ranunculus come in all sorts of different colors!

Kat :)

Patti said...

The rabbit food looks so healthy. Nice colors!

And the chicks are really cute, ;-)

James said...

Those chicks look like they're doing a happy dance. :)

A.M.I.N.A said...

Those rabbit foods are very attractive...nutririous too.So Cikgu, which school do you teach? LIke your blog, following you now.

Anonymous said...

I love those vegetables Ann! Have a good break! Happy Easter..

Ralph said...

That is a fine accompaniment to the ultra sweet candy we all enjoy at Easter. The veggies keep us honest about keeping a diet...

Cheryl said...

Yum...the veggies look so good. And the little chicks are so cute.