.

.
.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thursday TS: Follow the yellow brick road

My oldest daughter was in the musical, "Wizard of Oz." She was the beautiful good witch and I was very proud of her. The Good Witch of the North tells Dorothy Gale to follow the Yellow Brick Road. All the other witches wore black and had dirt smeared on their faces. But my daughter stood up above everyone in her white wedding like dress. Dorothy was a younger girl, so for beauty, it was thumbs up for my daughter. Of course, my husband who wasn't there said, "Every mum thinks the same about their daughter." Pity I didn't have photos then.

These are photos taken during my school's book week which I promised Anni quite a while back. Thanks Anni for starting thistheme. I am thoroughly enjoying myself.







hootin--anni has a new meme.
IT'S ALL ABOUT MY NEW MEME THAT I HOPE SOME WILL FEEL LIKE JOINING IN ON THE CHALLENGE AND THE FUN [at least I hope the weekly challenge will be fun!]. It's loosely based on song lyrics [recorded songs since the beginning of time to today] and associating them with photos of yours...as I've done in the past...If you click on the link above, it'll take you to the Meme's Homepage for rules and buttons. There will be a Mr. Linky Widget for each individual week also. Do consider joining me sometime. Hope to see it flourish in time.
http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/

This video tugs my heart strings. Four Munchkins now in their 90s talked about Dorothy and Judy Garland. If my son Andrew had lived, he too would be a little people.

Follow the Yellow Brick Road. Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow, follow, follow, follow,
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow the Yellow Brick, Follow the Yellow Brick,
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

We're off to see the Wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
You'll find he is a whiz of a Wiz! If ever a Wiz! there was.
If ever oh ever a Wiz! there was The Wizard of Oz is one because,
Because, because, because, because, because.
Because of the wonderful things he does.
We're off to see the Wizard. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

6 comments:

Windsmoke. said...

Fantastic musical with Judy Garland's golden voice.

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are great pictures of the Oz characters! Do you have any of your daughter as the good witch?

rainfield61 said...

Do we need to sing when following the yellow brick road.

Is it a problem if I do not have a good voice?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh how neat, Ann, that your daughter had such a wonderful opportunity... I love the Wizard of Oz--and I'm sure she did a fabulous job.. You can be a proud Mum... I would be too.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

It looks as if you had a great cast of characters (and wonderful costumes) for the Wizard of Oz.

EG CameraGirl said...

The Wizard of Oz is one of my favourite stories for kids. :)