.

.
.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Photohunt: A long and windy road

http://tnchick.com/
Jan 8: **FREE WEEK**


This is me contemplating how to get down this steep windy path. It doesn't look steep but it is.


Here I chose to play it safe. Rather than risk tumbling down, I sat on my bottom, and slowly slide down.

Life is like that, a long and windy road. Like the sheep in the mountain, we need a shepherd.

Psalm 23:
The Lord is my shepherd...
King James Version (KJV)
Psalm 23:1-6

1.) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2.) He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3.) He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4.) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5.) Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6.) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Smart girl!! I would have done the same thing!! Easier getting up than down? Whatever were you doing up there anyway? Did any of the sheep befriend you. It seems they are really quite stupid.

Magia da Inês said...

♥Olá!
Passei para rever seu espaço e desejar uma semana cheia de luz, paz e inspiração...
Essas fotos ficaram maravilhosas.
Boa semana!
Bom domingo!
Bj♥s
Brasil ♥♥

rainfield61 said...

Better check your pants!!

There must be a big hole on it.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Hehehe, rainfield61
It wasn't the hole in my pants, but the sheep shit which were all over the place.

Hi Ginny,
We didn't spend our holidays going away for over-night stays. Rather, we went on day trips and came back at night. There are lots of places in Auckland we could go hiking.
Yes, going up was easier.
The sheep were tame, they didn't move away until you were about 6 feet away. Sheep are quite docile. There are signs telling people not to chase them.
Magia,
I suppose the weather is warm for you like ours.

Ann

Windsmoke. said...

During my hiking days the best way i discovered was to climb or descend a hill was to tackle it diagonally using a tree branch as a walking stick. Give it a try next time save wearing out your pants.

Chauffeured car gold coast said...

You have plant a very significant concern. What you said really spoke to me and I hope that I can learn more about this. I am yet to find anything as enlightening as this on the web. I am completely convinced with his thoughts.