.

.
.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thursday Theme Song: You so vain











hootin--anni has a new meme.
IT'S ALL ABOUT MY NEW MEME THAT I HOPE SOME WILL FEEL LIKE JOINING IN ON THE CHALLENGE AND THE FUN [at least I hope the weekly challenge will be fun!]. It's loosely based on song lyrics [recorded songs since the beginning of time to today] and associating them with photos of yours...as I've done in the past...If you click on the link above, it'll take you to the Meme's Homepage for rules and buttons. There will be a Mr. Linky Widget for each individual week also. Do consider joining me sometime. Hope to see it flourish in time.

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/

I am doing a completely different take for this song. Just the chorus part on "You're so vain" I don't have a cat or a dog, but I often see dogs feeling very smug sitting in their owners cars, taken to places like beaches, parks, festivals. Then I see cats left to their own devices. I want to do this for all the cats of the world, singing this song, "You're so vain."

I went into a lot of trouble too.

I was snapping away someone's cat and now I have a secret. I walked to my blood test, and the technician told me not to put too much weight on it. But there was a cat,no, there were three. I whipped up my camera and started snapping. Before I knew it, I was bleeding badly, down to to my white top.

I went back to the diagnostic lab, they cleaned me up and put pressure on it. The one who saw me told the one who took my blood, " Your patient is bleeding badly."
They asked could someone come and get me. I said, I think my husband is still on the road. They told me to rest for a while before I walked home.

I didn't dare tell them or my family I was taking photos.
I am also sending this story to Madi, Japanese redneck and Gattina's cats, and all the cats in the world, Meow!


You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you? Don't you?


You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you

You're so vain (so vain)
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you? Don't you?

9 comments:

George said...

I must admit that I wasn't familiar with this song, but I do appreciate the extremes to which you go to get photos for your posts. Your secret is safe with me.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh gosh, where were you stuck, the arm, the finger? You are for sure NOT vain, to go through all this just for us!! I hope the blood test is just for a check-up, and you are feeling alright?

Jim said...

Ann, Oprah made a big impact during her visit in December. They just screened her four specials here in Australia in prime time and they had huge ratings.

Arija said...

Niah, couldn't be bothered watching, I stuck to the cricket.

Hootin Anni said...

This song is a favorite of mine. And your photos?-------great idea to add all the beautiful creatures!!!!

Happy Thursday Ann. Mine's now posted too if you'd like to come back to see what song I chose this week.

rainfield61 said...

Shhhh.... I won't tell them either.

But hope that you are fine.

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh my gosh Ann you put all your
'blood, sweat and tears' in today's post. Your experience sounds like something that would happen to me.

Thanks for all your efforts,
Hugs Madi and Mom

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful, Ann. Imagine you bleeding all over, just to get the cat pictures! I'm sure Gattina's cats will appreciate it, too.
Your pictures are perfect to go with Carly Simon's song, and I've always liked this song, too.
Thanks! Now take care of yourself.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful to have a peak into your world and see your furry friend.