.

.
.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Watery Wednesday: Water level monitors.




http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/

Western Springs is very big. It used to supply drinking water to Auckland city until development of factories make the water unsafe for drinking.

This park is very big, and I have not gone to all of it. There is a small hill which is seldom explored. I did that once and since then, I always get my visitors to do it, walking up the slope among the bush is quite a challenge. This time, I thought I could see where our elephant Kashin was buried. I didn't but I saw what was probably her home while she was alive.

I followed the creek to where all the water lowed out to the sea. Along the way, I saw these monitors. The water engineer would be pleased to see them. I have become a convert to his work. In the past, I used to grumble when he took me to places related to his work. Since blogging, I find these are areas of interest. The monitor is to measure how high the level of water flows.

1 comment:

Gattina said...

Must be a very big grave for an elephant, he died quite young.