.

.
.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mellowyellow: Sarawak Baskets



mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com

My brother in law Kallang and Sister in Law are Kelabits or Orang Ulus, People of the mountains or the rural lands. Kallang gave me a basket made of vine in black and white. I gave it to a Kiwi friend.

In July, when Sam and I went on our trip to the Mulu Caves, the guide took us to a Penan resettlement Camp. The Penans are nomads in the jungles of Sarawak. These baskets caught my eyes. The baskets were similar to the Kelabit baskets except they were elaborately made of a zillion tiny beads. I took the photo but forgot to ask the price. I didn't want to pretend that I wanted to buy them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These baskets are very attactive and perfect for Mellow Yellow Monday. ;-)