.

.
.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Spring and babies and books.



Visitors to Western Springs looking at signets, ducklings and goslings.

Today is my third day of my vacation. The weather is fine, I didn't want to feel guilty staying at home.

I left the car at home and went for a long and detouring walk. I went for three and half hours, going to places I haven't been and taking lots and lots of photos. I think I got a sun burnt even though I had a straw hat. I didn't think I needed to slip, slop, slap this early in spring. There was not a cloud in the sky and I got quite dehydrated.

I was lucky, I saw some goslings. They were lucky too. It wasn't only their parents protecting them. They had uncles and aunties too. I witnessed these relatives fighting off other geese that came close to the gosling.

This morning, my brother Charles sent me this email:

This children's story tells of two male penguins at a zoo who care for an egg together. Despite the reality that male penguins bond together to care for their eggs in nature and that the two characters in the book are based on actual penguins from the Central Park Zoo, the idea of two males creating a family has forced many to ban the book due to reasons of homosexuality and anti-family issues.

The book is called "And Tango makes three" by Peter Parnell & Justin
Richardson
Charles

How sad it is that books have to be politically correct. I loved Enid Blyton's Noddy books. When I became a mum, these books were taken off the shelf because of Noddy and Big Ears. I felt so sad for my children.

1 comment:

~JarieLyn~ said...

I really love this photo. You must have had an enjoyable time just walking around and taking in all the sights. It's wonderful to be a photographer.