.

.
.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Auckland Zoo Dragon turns fifty



I grew up in Sarawak in Borneo, one of my dreams was to visit a zoo. We didn't have a zoo. Mum and Dad took me to the Singapore Zoo on my way to Canada. It was such a fantastic place. I decided if I have children, I would definitely take them to the zoo.

The zoo dragon in the Auckland zoo turns fifty. It is 15 metres long, and a favourite place for the children. Here is Deborah when she was 2 years old in 1986. Kids like to sit in the mouth and feel very safe.

Last year, Sam was there, and I made him model for me. Unfortunately, I can't find that photo.

The zoo is looking for all photos to mark his birthday and will be displaying it at the children's display area. Deborah's photo is very old, but it is very precious to me. Deborah lives thousands of miles away in Singapore. She may not even remember this photo.

No comments: