.

.
.

Monday, December 19, 2011

mellow yellow/ruby red/rednesday: Surfing school.















From the home made beach in a city apartment in Singapore, my 15 year old has graduated to wanting to surf in the deep wide ocean.

We enrolled him for a surf lesson. It was cold and rainy. While he was warm and snug in his wet suit, I was shivering and dripping wet with a tourist from Germany.

Surfaris Surf School & Surf Tours, described by YHA NZ as 'A truly unforgettable experience' is a respected surf company operating across Northland offering surf lessons and surf tours to tourists and New Zealanders. The Surfaris all-inclusive surf tours travel to remote locations in search of good times and fun waves. We promote surf lessons, surf tours, school & holiday camps, corporate team http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifbuilding, women's surf retreats, family surf days, beach education, surf culture and adventure. Learning to surf is a great discipline that feeds the mind, body and soul so why not give it a go! Standing for the first time is a memory to last that will have you smiling from ear to ear. Surfaris is committed to sustainability and take steps at all times to ensure we take nothing but experience from the environment.

Surfaris
is internationally accredited and we've helped many people of all ages experience the thrill of surfing.





http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/






http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com

http://www.suelovescherries.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

what a great thing to do for your son! and you definitely hit the yellow and ruby themes with these!

Tammie Lee said...

looks like some good fun.
I remember camper vans that could be rented in NZ. they all had unique paintings on them. Like the hobbit and so much more.

I wish I had taken photos of each one that i saw, they were wonderful. do you see them?

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Nice combination of mellow yellow and ruby red in these photos!

Jama said...

Good for him! I don't think I want to try it, rather have my feet planted firmly on the ground, with my camera in hand! We both can be the mamarazzi!!! lol

Luna Miranda said...

i love to watch surfers but i don't think it's something i'd like to do...i have weak knees.:p

P.S. yes, i do have friends in Mindanao, two of them were affected by the flash floods in Cagayan de Oro. but only minor damages in their homes.

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun taking your sun surfing. i love the beach. if i lived on the beach, i would have had my kids take surfing. they swam since they were younger than 1 year old, and were on swim team for awhile. i was a lifeguard and instructor, but only at the pool. loved teaching how to use the rescue board, but never used one for real. :(

thanks for coming and commenting on my page. this is to answer your question.

the purple flag is purple because one of the words on the wordle list was purple.

i was looking online for a purple flag and found the Clemson University Flag. I loved it because it had a paw on it, which means animal lover, in the ANIPAL world. I am learning how to use illustrator, and I wanted more than one flag, so I made this little artwork myself. Nothing spectacular, but it's the first step in learning how to use the tool.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Just looking at the surfers with the bare toes makes me shiver! Of course, it's winter here in the frigid north country!

RED HAT

Red hat, I am lonesome.
Red hat, are you free?
Red hat, please consider
Coming home with me.

I need a companion,
One who’ll warm my head;
I think you’ll do nicely,
Hat of brilliant red.

You’re the warmest color,
Not like blue or green—
Red hat at the vendor’s,
Red hat, you’re my queen.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Artisan in Red

Jessica said...

This looks so cool, is surfing hard Sis? Look so cute in surfing school. Visiting late for the MYM, hope that you can return the favor too.

http://www.mommies2ks.com/2011/12/how-to-learn-about-the-car-hauler-and-the-book.html

Leah H. said...

Surfing class with yellow uniforms..How cool is that?

Visiting for MYM! Here's mine~ hope you can visit too:)

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2011/12/20-unusual-household-uses-of-lemon.html

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!