.

.
.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Weekend reflection/photohunt/save the world: Clean and green Singapore.









Clean and Green Singapore


This campaign aims to inspire Singaporeans to care for
 and protect ther living environment by adopting 
an environmentally-friendly lifestyle. 


The campaign is marked by the exciting and educational activities 
They underpin the primary thrust of instilling 
every Singaporean with environmentally-friendly habits.




Singapore was host to me for 16 years.
 I have to sing praises to this city state also known as garden city. 
Having travelled quite a fair bit, I am not bias to say
 Singapore is very clean.


Having said  that, 
Singapore imports hordes of foreign workers to clean the city.  
People in Singapore still litter, some spit. 
Despite the many campaigns. With the foreign workers,
 it will be be clean.


http://app2.nea.gov.sg/faq_smoking_ban_in_public_places.aspx#q1 


She has banned smoking in many places. 
Thumbs up, Singapore.  







http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com/ 


http://whistlestopphotohunt.blogspot.co.nz/

http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Here, we hear that Singapore is one of the cleanest places in the world. But they also used to have harsh policing and punishments, I remember when they paddled a older boy...I think he was an American. But maybe that has changed.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

yes, Ginny, he was American Boy Michael fay. Punish for graffiti tagging and petty stealing. I posted about him before.

Eden said...

Singapore is a beautiful place. Can't wait to visit it again later this year. Great shots, Ann.

rainfield61 said...

Shhh...

My soul is clean too....

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I wish all cities would make an effort to be 'cleaner'. The graffiti in Rome was stunning.
Have a good weekend~
Sandi

Carletta said...

Lovely reflections Ann!
Cities and countries all over the world need to adapt a clean and green attitude.

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

These are wonderful views of Singapore. Beautiful photos !

LindyLouMac said...

Singapore is somewhere I would love to visit given the opportunity one day.

Hootin Anni said...

Very pretty and very clean looking indeed!!!

Ms. Becky said...

Singapore is a stunning city, and I love your photos of it. I like the Clean and Green campaign, I wish my own country would do something similar. these are excellent shots Ann. thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello, I truly appreciate that. happy day to you.