.

.
.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

TTS: Strawberry fields forever.







hootin--anni has a new meme.
IT'S ALL ABOUT MY NEW MEME THAT I HOPE SOME WILL FEEL LIKE JOINING IN ON THE CHALLENGE AND THE FUN [at least I hope the weekly challenge will be fun!]. It's loosely based on song lyrics [recorded songs since the beginning of time to today] and associating them with photos of yours...as I've done in the past...If you click on the link above, it'll take you to the Meme's Homepage for rules and buttons. There will be a Mr. Linky Widget for each individual week also. Do consider joining me sometime. Hope to see it flourish in time.

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/



Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.
Strawberry Fields forever.
Strawberry Fields forever.

"Strawberry Fields Forever" is a song by the English rock band The Beatles. The song was written by John Lennon and attributed to the Lennon/McCartney songwriting partnership. It was inspired by Lennon's memories of playing in the garden of a Salvation Army house named "Strawberry Field" near his childhood home.
In Summer, when I go and "Pick your own" strawberries, I think of John Lennon and the Beatles.

9 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

That song brings back lots of memories. I really like the photos of the real strawberry fields, were the berries good?

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Ann!! Perfect song and wonderful photos. I'd love to be there picking the strawberries...forever.

Somewhere Down in Texas


PS...no, we haven't received any snowfall yet, but it's coming our way. Supposed to start with ice and sleet turning to snow this afternoon. We'll see. I'll be sure to take photos if it arrives.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My---I can almost taste those strawberries right now.... YUM.... Great photo to go with the song, Ann.
Hugs,
Betsy

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Ann,
Mom is feeling like herself again thank goodness!!! MOL

Another great Beatles song and it made us want a strawberry.
Madi and Mom

Kay L. Davies said...

Perfect photos to go with the song, Ann. Thanks for the memories!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

George said...

This is a great post for this song. I remember the song well, and I love strawberries.

Joe Todd said...

So nice to see some green. Thanks Ann

Maia T said...

What a lovely association of these photos with good old music.
I would like to have some strawberries now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this delightful post.
I’ve been strawberry picking in the past. Nowadays I pick bananas and sunflowers.
As for the Beatles I’m a huge fan. If my memory serves me well Strawberry Fields was a double A Side with Penny Lane, and Penny Lane was the first contemporary pop song to refuse to replace a regional accent – the pronunciation of customer in the line, “….the barber serves another customer”.

Have a nice day, Boonie