.

.
.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

TTheme Song: I believe I can fly.

At Walker Park, five minutes drive away from my school, people go there for kite surfing. Sometimes, at lunch time, I go there to see them fly. Not all of them manage to fly. I believe they were singing this song, when the kite refuses to go up.






Hey, if I just spread my wings
I can fly
I can fly
I can fly, hey
If I just spread my wings
I can fly
Fly-eye-eye




hootin--anni has a new meme.
IT'S ALL ABOUT MY NEW MEME THAT I HOPE SOME WILL FEEL LIKE JOINING IN ON THE CHALLENGE AND THE FUN [at least I hope the weekly challenge will be fun!]. It's loosely based on song lyrics [recorded songs since the beginning of time to today] and associating them with photos of yours...as I've done in the past...If you click on the link above, it'll take you to the Meme's Homepage for rules and buttons. There will be a Mr. Linky Widget for each individual week also. Do consider joining me sometime. Hope to see it flourish in time.

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/

http://www.snagtube.com/watch-video/r-kelly-i-believe-i-can-fly/688

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, those are SOME kites! I love them, the hugeness and the shape!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy watching people fly their kites too. We watch from the shores of Lake Erie. We have to drive 1 1/4 hours to see the kites. You are lucky to have only a five minute drive! I, too, like the shapes and sizes of the kites that you shared.

George said...

I wasn't familiar with this song, but it is certainly appropriate for the kite surfers. I'm not sure I'm up to kite surfing, however.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

HI There, We are home after a few days with friends in North Carolina.

Wow---those are fabulous looking kites... I'm sure they have fun 'flying' Ann... I might try that IF I were alot younger... ha

Hope you are having a good week.
Hugs,
Betsy

Hootin Anni said...

Oh I really, really like this song...I love singing along with the lyrics when I hear it on the radio on from a CD.

Mine's posted too, if you'd care to join me in a 'sing-along'

Hootin Anni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great title for this series. Clever! :-)

Kay L. Davies said...

Perfect song for the kite-surfers. Belief is half the battle, too.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh wow, those are huge kites. I would have been humming the song while watching them fly.

Al said...

That looks like lots of fun!

rainfield61 said...

keep flapping your hands, and you evolve and manage to fly one day.

eileeninmd said...

I love this song and you found some great photos to go with the words.

Unknown said...

I love looking at kite surfers too. Such a fantastic sport, but what a hassle with the equipment...