.

.
.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Watery Wednesday: Anthurium



http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/

This afternoon, I revisited Mt Albert memorial park and took this photo from an ANZAC day wreath . It has been been raining and I have always wanted to take photos of water droplets on flowers. This is not only droplets but big blobs of water on the Anthurium. The rain and gloomy and cold added to the solemness of that day when we remember all those soldier who had died. Nobody had a dry eye when we heard of the death of 3 soldiers. They died from a helicopter crash on Anzac day . It was a tragic day for the whole country. The soldiers were on their way to Wellinton to attend the ANZAC day commemeration.

Anthurium has a personal sentiment, tinged with sadness. Mum used to grow this plant. No matter how she nursed it, it was to no avail. The plant would not give her the pleasure of blooming a single bloom. She refused to give it up. Mum died prematurely in an accident. Everytime I see a giant Anthurium flower here in Auckland New Zealand, and there are plenty here especially in the Winter garden greenhouse at the Domain, I think of Mum and want to ask the plant why it denied Mum even of one tiny flower.

7 comments:

NatureFootstep said...

rain and flowers is a good combination :)

The bird in my birdblog is, luckily, not endangered. It is a so beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

My condolences to you about mom! There will be things that remind us of our loved ones. Beautiful flower!

Ah Ngao said...

...it's okay,Ann. it's okay.

Lina Gustina said...

Lovely water droplets and anthurium.
Let's pray for our mothers...

Thanks for dropping by, Ann

Gattina said...

I love these flowers, they look so exotic to me !

Lois said...

Sorry about your mother. I lost mine when I was only a baby, so I can't even remember her. I dream about her sometimes though.

Unknown said...

Vibrant red and lovely water droplets.