.

.
.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Photo hunt: curve


This is the fruit of the choko plant, in case you are wondering what a choko is. It is similar to a marrow, but has very prickly skin. It also has a sap that makes you itchy. That is why I don't harvest my fruits. I am a lazy cook.



My sister Rose likes to cook the tendrils. They taste very nice, but again the lazy person in me stops me from going to pick them, as they make you itchy. I will rather not eat than to suffer.

http://tnchick.com/

The tendrils of the choko plants curve around looking for a host to twine on. I have a vine at my back yard, the leaves die in winter, and grow again in spring.



http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2008/11/memories-of-mum-and-gardening.html

14 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your tendril shot...excellent eye you have!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Nice choices, love the second shot!

My share of curved

YTSL said...

Are these from New Zealand or Malaysia? Either way, don't recognize the plant at all! ;O

Hootin Anni said...

Amazing...I knew nothing about this at all, so, I'm glad you informed us visitors!

My curved stuff is here --- CLICK

EG CameraGirl said...

I've never heard of them before. Very interesting. I suspect I would be as lazy as you about cooking them for dinner. ;-)

SandyCarlson said...

There is so much I learn from your blog. That is a neat plant. Totally new to me.

Kim, USA said...

My first time to see this kind of plant, don't know if we have this kind in the Philippines. Thanks for sharing!

My PhotoHunt

Rebecca Mecomber said...

I don't blame you for being lazy! I'd rather not itch, too.

My Curved photos are up. I hope you get some time to visit me! Have a wonderful weekend.

Mrs. Mecomber
New York Traveler.net

Chef E said...

I think you write about interesting foods that I love to read here!

I was thinking, can you email me?

elizabeth@cookappeal.com Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The tendril shot is lovely.

Mine's up: www.cybercoven.org/wordpress/?p=913

Carolyn Ford said...

I also like the tendril...beautiful shot!

TorAa said...

I like your solutions

Scott Law said...

Very nicely done. I really enjoy seeing so many varieties on this theme.

Susanne said...

Very interesting. I've never heard of these.