.

.
.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

ABC Wed: I for icing on the cake





Without  the icing, cakes will just be cakes, plain cakes.

I have two stories, one was from long ago. Mum had twins, a boy and a girl. For their birthday, mum made two cakes, and she used a thin layer of water icing before she put on the royal icing. Because we were in the tropics, the icing sweated.

Mum's idea was to dry them in the sun.

Can't remember which of us older kids was told to keep an eye, that wasn't important.

Next thing, when Mum went to check. The kid on dutty was no where to be found.  Dog had bitten a big hole at the side of Boy Twin's cake.

Mum was angry with Dog, and the child who was on duty.

We told her, just use one cake for both. But mum won't hear of it.

On the birthday, she produced two beautiful cakes. She quietly told the Older Child when she was cutting to serve the cake to make sure not to cut the section where she had "cemented" with a big lump of royal icing. Mum is really smart.

I have another story.

My friends had twin dogs, we were having a pot luck dinner. She bought an apple cake and left on the table. Her Twin Dogs had eaten the to part of it.

They bought another, and don't know why, the baker had spread icing on it. ( Not usually done.)
Friends joked," Are you sure you didn't ice the dog eaten cake?"

I told them my mum's dog eaten cake. LOL







http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.co.nz

7 comments:

MaR said...

I am not fond of icing myself, but loved your stories!!

I is for ...

Roger Owen Green said...

Yummy! And decorative.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

I never would have thought of ICING. This is why I love ABC Wednesday.

Tomas was lucky to get such a nice cake!

We are lucky you like to write stories!

George said...

Those are cute stories. Icing is an inspired 'I' post.

Jim said...

I confess. I have been sucked into watching MKR. Is it popular in New Zealand too?

Chubskulit Rose said...

Happy birthday! Thomas is my son's fave as well.

Internet is a Blessing

Catching up with letter i entries.
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Reader Wil said...

Inventive and intelligent!