.

.
.

Friday, August 5, 2011

weekend reflections:



Some people live dangerously, they pursue adventures that can be precarious. Recently, an engineer died while test driving his home made hover craft.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

My reflection for this week is how dangerously should we live our life.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10742835

Friends of Alastair Senior have paid tribute to an "amazing man", who was passionate about the hovercraft he had spent years building it in his West Auckland garage.

But his passion turned to tragedy on Sunday when the 40-year-old father of three was killed on a test drive on Muriwai beach.

Friends yesterday paid tribute to Mr Senior, saying he was very clever, intelligent and sensible.

One woman said he was well respected and loved by many and another friend described him as an "amazing man".

In a death notice his family said he died "in pursuit of his dreams".

Police said Mr Senior took the hovercraft to the beach for its first test run and was operating it when the propeller came loose. It fell and the blade struck him on the back of the head.

Police initially said the blade decapitated Mr Senior, however they confirmed yesterday it had severely damaged the back of his head causing fatal injuries.


http://weekendreflection.blogspot.com

16 comments:

Reader Wil said...

How tragic Ann. I think if one would pursue a dream, one should never act alone but together with some friends, preferably experts.
Thanks for your visit. My eldest daughter( Thyme in blogspot) lives only 3 minutes walking from my house.She is an engineer and works mainly at home as a draughtswoman on the computer.My second daughter lives in Australia.

rainfield61 said...

Danger must be calculated.

Though it may not be similar to 1 + 1 = 2.

Suburban Girl said...

Oh my goodness. What a great angle on this photo. It is so dramatic.

Tania said...

It`s tragic. I do not now, but some people like to live a bit dangerous.. I like to be on top of mountains, but we always have safety in focus..
I like your photo very much.

Ginny Hartzler said...

People must be prepared to get injured or die when they live their life risking it. I am very sorry for his family!! This reminds me of the singer john Denver, who died crashing an experimental airplane.

Magia da Inês said...

ჱܓ
。°✿Amiga,
Amei a fotografia.
Esportes radicais tem adrenalina mas também envolvem riscos.

Bom fim de semana! ჱܓ

。°✿Beijinhos.
°º✿ Brasil.
º° ✿✿♥ ° ·.

Unknown said...

Sad story, but beautiful scenery and shot.

Felisol said...

It is so sad really.
poor children who lost their father. Poor father who valued moments of adrenalin kick more than life itself.
High risk sports are popular here too. I pity the people who die every year "pursuing a dream". People are starving, being slaughtered,living under tyranny, are longing for peace and knowledge of God. In all this hopelessness spoiled people from the western world ruin theirs and others lives, while sacrificing them to follow selfish dreams.

Al said...

I remember reading about this tragedy. Alastair is my given name, but I've never tried to build a hovercraft. My most dangerous thing is probably driving to work (or taking lightning photos).

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sorry about the death of that man... He was truly living his dreams --and I admire him for that... There's a fine line as to how much we humans should do in order to follow our dreams. I feel that I am not going to quit doing some risky things on occasion ---if I am following my passions and dreams... The way I look at life is that we need to live it fully and live it every minute!!! For all we know, we could walk to the mailbox and get hit and killed by a runaway car... Hopefully it would never happen, but we cannot live our lives in fear...

Great post, Ann.
Hugs,
Betsy

'Tsuki said...

I'm afraid of hights, and I admire you for your courage : I could not stand that next to the down... Very dangerous picture indeed : the effect you were looking for is well translated...

DawnTreader said...

Not being a great risk-taker myself I often find it hard to understand those who are. But I suppose if no one was willing to take risks, lots of things would still be unexplored and undiscovered...

Sivinden said...

Beautiful photo and great reflections! Some people need dangerous challenges, I do not - we are different. However - driving a car can be risky too.

Francisca said...

What does this mean, Ann: how dangerously should we live our life? You mean what risks should we take? Isn't ALL of life a risk? Sh*t happens even when you choose to do NOTHING. As for Alastair Senior, he understood Hellen Kellers words: "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature." I applaud him for living his dreams. I believe I do the same. And as the cliché goes, I intend to go out in a blaze of glory, not just fizzle or fade away. We all die; it's how we LIVE that matters.

Kalyan said...

Simply beautifully captured shot & nice thoughts...very real!

Pradeepa said...

Such a tragic end. Your first shot is fantastic.