.

.
.

Monday, February 22, 2010

mellow yellow: Oil cans





http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2010/02/sunday-stills-letter-g.html

On Sunday, I did a post on my other site about people depositing rubbish, and it is my against my philosophy of being a rubbish ambassador. In Auckland, if you dump rubbish except on the special week of inorganic collection, you will be fined.

These yellow cans stood up like a sore thumb, and I went to have a look. They were Canola oil cans.

I do not use Canola oil. A few years ago, a Canadian friend sent me an email Is Canola Oil Hazardous to Your Health? http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blcanola.htm

I don't know to believe it or not, so to play safe, I do not use Canola oil. I use soya oil and olive oil.

However, Canola oil must have done their marketing homework very well. In some supermarkets, they only stock Canola oil.

May be you have heard of Canola oil, do you use it?

5 comments:

Life Moto said...

as for me averything now is hazrdous due to it chemical contents,used of fertilizers and event foods for the animals. Always pray for our health.

Unknown said...

Hi Ann,
I do sometimes use canola oil. I also use sunflower and olive oils. It's difficult to know if the canola oil is really bad for us or if it's it negative information being promoted by the competition. I'm suspicious.

Irene said...

I don't like the taste of Canola oil, I use vegetable oil, and occasionally olive oil.

George said...

We do use canola oil, although we probably use more olive oil.

gemini said...

Great shot for MYM....cans of yellow makes the grass look fantastic. Welcome to my space and see you there.