.

.
.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Skywatch Friday: Why is it raining here and not there?



http://skyley.blogspot.com/

It is Friday afternoon, yay!!!! but no yay, The weather man says it is going to be a wet weekend. I have arrived home from work, the clouds are dark. But looking across the sky, there is another part of Auckland that has clear blue skys. I am thinking, " The grass on the other side of the fence is always greener." In this case, it is the sky on the other side is brighter.

Well, no outings this weekend, no gardening, I will be sitting at my computer churning out photos.But I should count my blessings, at least the plants get watered, and we don't have bush fires like all my Australia bloggers and my siblings get.

12 comments:

Jim said...

We can lend you some of our blue skies.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Inday said...

Yes, Ann ...bushfires are already ringing in some areas including parts of New South Wales coupled with floods like the nature is having a dis-synchronized symphony.

In my area, we are going to have a weekend rain as well but like you said, I too count this blessing because my garden needs some watering.

Lol ...amused at Jim.

Have a nice weekend.

XoXo said...

What a dark day...yes it will only be temporary.

Quilt Works said...

What a cloudy day! Looks like it is going to rain :-)


Red red red sunset!

i said...

It's gloomy and wet over here too.

Elaine Yim said...

We are having the rainy season here too. A little rain is welcomed because it waters the plants but too much and drains will overflow.

agent112778 said...

we also experience those kind of weather. dark clouds there and sunny on the other side and for me, its a sky watch moment before the rains drops

my entry is here


Great day for us Sky Watchers:)

Thanx for the Visit :)

Glennis said...

Sometimes a rainy weekend can make for a lovely restful time, since you can't do anything much. Enjoy the down time.
I only caught a few whitebait, they were quite allusive, but we made an omelet and shared it. Yum.

EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds like you have a good attitude, Ann. Rain isn't all bad, after all. ;-)

SandyCarlson said...

Enjoy the quiet weekend!

eileeninmd said...

We have had the same moody and gloomy skies for three days now. So I know how you feel. I hope you see the sun shining this weekend.

Japa said...

Always happens. But still, a gem of a sky shot you did!