.

.
.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Skywatch Friday: Fisherman at Whitpu




http://skyley.blogspot.com/

Me and my rod,
Me and my fish,
As long as the sky is clear,
I am a happy Larry,
I don't need friends.
~a fisherman's song~

No wonder my little Vietnamese student said," Girls not allowed."
"Why?" I asked him.
He replied," Bad luck!"
I commented," Huh?"
He was adamant, "Also girls talk too much."

What can I say?
I asked an adult student,"Can I come?"
He said," Yes."
But he never calls me.
I think he was too polite and not "in my face" as the little student.

11 comments:

Cloudia said...

Sweet little post about us funny humans!



Warm Aloha from Honolulu


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

Anonymous said...

very funny. i like photographing fishermen, but i myself cannot sit still for the fish to bite and yes i talk too much too.

Kim, USA said...

I think I will not be a good fisherman because I hum when I am alone and when you are fishing you are suppose to be quiet right? ^_^ Nice shot!

SWF

Ginny Hartzler said...

A very peaceful picture. I think the fishermen don't want us around because women talk too much, and you have to be quiet for fishing.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

That fishing pole is pointing straight to the sky, so it's hard to miss the mottled heavens!



I WONDER WHY

I wonder why
Some love the sky
But not the wind and rain.

I wonder, friend,
If sky will end—
It’s too much for my brain!


© by Magical Mystical Teacher

Tree Folk & Sky

Wanda said...

What a funny little story with your picture..just makes it's perfect. "Girls talk to much...."
HaHaHa

Ah Ngao said...

especially women with long hair - they resembles mermaids. all fish scared of mermaids.

Regina said...

Beautiful capture Ann.
happy SWF.
A blessed weekend.

eileeninmd said...

cute poem and a wonderful photo. Happy skywatching and have a great weekend.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute poem, Ann, and a great picture. My Daddy used to fish and two of my sons love fishing. Guess we females aren't patient enough --and we do talk alot... ha ha

Happy Easter
Hugs,
Betsy

Beverley Baird said...

Love the blues of sky and water! Great shot!