.

.
.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Tom Sawyer and fence




Do you have incidences or chapters in books that you remember?
I don't know about you, but I do.
Tom Sawyer's whitewashing the fence by Mark Twain is something I always remember how Tom tricked his friends Huckleberry Finn and others (boys and girls) to paint his work for him by pretending it was a lot of fun. They had to "pay" him for this privilege. May be it is the constant reminder by all the fences around me. Perhaps it is the phrase: Build bridges, not fence that is deep inside the recess of my mind that has this impact.
I chanced upon this gentleman painting his fence that just jotted my memory. I studied this chapter when I was 12 and had just started my Secondary School in Methodist School in Sibu. I can't remember if it was chapter one. I never forgot. I can picture the teacher's face though I have forgotten his name.


http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.co.nz/

3 comments:

Lady Fi said...

Lovely shots! Looks relaxing.

Reader Wil said...

Very nice to remind us of Tom Sawywer, My children often played being Tom and Huck.I also remember the episode of the painting of the fence.
Thank you for your visit and comment.

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!