.

.
.

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Don't be a bully and call names

When I was in school, I had a close friend who was slightly overweight. She was teased for being fat, and it really affected her personality. She argued back which made it worse. She said she was teased even at work. Shortly after I saw her before I went abroad, she killed herself.



http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11884200


A Hamilton City councillor has come under fire for saying fat people are a hazard because they could fall on you.
Councillor Siggi Henry made the comment during a council debate about sugary drinks this week.
"It does affect a lot of things. I mean, you have a fat person falling on you, I think that would affect you, too," she reportedly said.
When asked about the comments after the meeting Henry said she knew "it wasn't right" as soon as she said it.



1 comment:

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!