.

.
.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday challenge: Favourite photo


This is from my second daughter, as most of you live overseas, I am posting this for you to be aware of VSA, Volunteers Services Abroad. It is similar to the Peace corp that we were exposed to from USA.
What shall I say about my daughter Gabrielle? Even when she was in primary school, she was very aware of social issues. She volunteered in the Singapore Zoo.The first time she went, they gave her the worst job. Yet she persisted in going.

How should I feel when my daughter gives up a very cushy lawyer's job to become a volunteer in a remote pacific island? I trained her to have social consciousnesses. She had been to and helped me with my charity work. Now I just have to give my blessing and pray nothing bad will happen.

As a mum, am I happy for her to go?  That's her calling, and I am proud of her.


Favourite photo.


http://www.spunwithtears.com/thursday.html

1 comment:

Gillena Cox said...

very sweet shot; have a good weekend

much love...