.

.
.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mellow Yellow/ Red Chinese New Year

 This friend's Chinese outfit is very yellow.
 My adult student Ashley made these special tidbit, DAN SAN, loosely translated as egg crisp. My mother used too make this when I was little. Thank you Ashley for memories.
Ashley also brought some shop bought deep fried peanut puff. Another  New Year Tidbit that my aunts and Mum made.


This restaurant has very nice lanterns.
Lunar/Chinese New year lasts for 15 days, and I have been teaching my students and giving presentation on why we celebrate the New Year. I am asked to give another for the 15th, the Lantern Festival. It was good to be asked because U didn't know myself.
http://mondaymellowyellows.blogspot.com.au/


5 comments:

w0rkingAth0mE said...

Happy Chinese New Year .. The food looks like the one selling in my place but it called here empanada.

My RT link

Dzjiedzjee said...

Nice! Makes me hungry! ;-)

Greetings from The Netherlands,
DzjieDzjee

SueLovesCherries said...

Your tidbits look so yummy! Those lanterns are so pretty, I've always loved the lanterns with tassels.

Chubskulit Rose said...

The peanut puff looks delicious!

Catching up with Ruby Tuesday.

You might want to peek at my Family Rubies , thanks!

Liz said...

Happy Chinese New Year!

Ice Cream