Tuesday, August 11, 2009
We are lucky to be surrounded by the sea. This is Onehunga, and there is potential to be developed into a great beach.
Two week ago, two dogs died, and the cause baffled everyone. A health advisory against swimming, fishing, diving and water sports, as well as walking dogs or taking children to the beach, is in place while experts wait for test results. Even kayakers and dragon boat rowers were told to keep away.
Apparently, they think the dogs had ingested toxic sea slugs.